Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Make n' Takes from Upline Meeting

My demo is great. I use to be in her downline and she still includes me in with them. Melissa had a make n' take party on July 2nd so that we could all ohh and ahh over the catalog along with making a few new cards. I provided 2 projects, one card and one 3-D item, and Melissa had 3 cards set up. She had a brand new demo coming so we tried to showcase some techniques as well.


My card used Carte Postale along with the coordinating wheel, Leaves a la Carte, and background stamp, French Flair. I got the idea for the layout from one of Beate's Sketches.







Paper: Certainly Celery, Handsome Hunter, More Mustard, Glossy, and Very Vanilla


Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Handsome Hunter, More Mustard, and Versamark

Techniques: I used the Stampin' Around Wheel Guide with the Leaves wheel and Versamark ink on the base of the card. I also sponged Certainly Celery, Handsome Hunter, and More Mustard on to the glossy white paper after I stamped the French Flair background stamp in Basic Black.


This card was really easy to do.

My 3-D project was a wood frame that I got at Michael's for $1


To make the frame I added about 15 drops of Tempting Turquoise Reinker to plain white craft paint. It makes a very light blue color that I painted on to the wood frame in 3 coats. I then used Taken with Teal and the new Baraque Motifs stamp set and stamped away. Nice and easy.


Melissa had 3 cards for us using the following techniques: Faux Tearing, Faux Metal, and Dry Embossing. It was great I hadn't used any of them before so I was really excited.

No comments: