Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Dirty Girl Challenges

Today I only did 3 of the 4 challenges on SCS's Dirty Girl Challenges (I didn't have any flocking).


Challenge 1 was to make an elegant card and to say why we thought it was elegant. Here is my card:







Stamps: French Script and Too Terrific Tags
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Basic Black and non-SU silver (came from one of those scrapbooking mat stacks)
Other: Sterling Silver embossing powder and silver square brads (three in each corner)
Why it's elegant: I always think of anything French as being elegant and anything that is embossed so I combined the two.


Challenge 2 was Beate's sketch challenge.










Stamps: Carte Postale, Sincere Salutaions, and Leaves a la Carte wheel
Ink: Basic Brown and Versamark
Paper: Pale Plum and Heidi Grace double sided patterned paper
Other: Non-SU ribbon (brown)


I love how this card turned out. At first I didn't have any ribbon underneath the stamped flower of the wheeled background but the card needed something. I added the background image and that still wasn't enough. Then I thought about making a bow with some thick brown ribbon that I had and that was awful. That is when I got the idea to use smaller ribbon and make petals that woule make it look like a flower. Each petal is an individual piece of ribbon. The back is a total mess but I love how it turned out.


Challenge 3 was to only use clear stamps. This was the perfect excuse to break out my new stamps from PapertreyInk.








Stamps: Butterfly Kisses and Thanks (Clearly Wordsworth)
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Paper: Almost Amethst and Palette o' Prints
Other: Primas, brads, and ribbon


I am having a blast with all of these challenges.

No comments: