Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day 4: Parents

Barb posted:

Day 4, March 4th. How long has it been since you captured a recent photo of your parents? If your parents are deceased, then take a photo of someone older that you respect. Write a little about what you respect about them.

I will be seeing both my mom and my dad and step-mom this week so I will post pictures later.

One of the things that I respect about my mom is that she is always trying new things. It doesn't matter if it is traveling to a new place, like China, or taking wine classes by herself. One of the things my mom is not real great at is all the new technology that is out there today. For this trip she finally bought a digital camera and entered a new world for her. YEAH MOM!!!!! Baker snapped a picture of her taking a picture of the kids.



Next up are my Dad and step-mom. I respect both of them a great deal. One of the reasons I respect my Dad is that he has never, ever said a bad thing about my Mom even after they have been divorced for more than 20 years. He did want my brother and I to ever think anything bad about her so he left us to think that he was always the bad guy. It wasn't until I was in my 20's that I finally understand why my dad did some of the things that he did. Thanks dad for always putting us first even if we didn't get it. And then there is my step-mom. The thing I respect most about her is that she stayed. No matter what my brother and I did to her or my dad she stayed, and I have to admit we were both total monsters at times. She and my dad have been together for a really long time, around 20 years I think they have actually been married. I hope you two have at least 20 more together. Here is a picture of the two of them from this past week.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks Robyn! It's been worth "sticking around" to see you grow up to be a responsible wife and mother. Mostly though I stuck around because your Dad is the best! the stepmonster....